I dont understand i had a baby 2 years ago he was a still birth why cant i get over the grief?

i was 5mo along they didnt know why he died everytime i see a newborn i cry its been 2 years any suggestions?

chrissysmom72

Asked by chrissysmom72 at 12:30 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honey you will never get over the grief. I had 2 still born baby girl's. One in 2006 and the other in 2009. The first one was an emergency c section and the other was natural birth. The pain of losing them will lessen over time but it will never completely go away. Hugs!
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:47 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I luckily have no experience like this so I can't even pretend like I know what you or anyone else that something like this has happened to is going through. I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine that it would ever be easy to get over losing a child. Or even that it could ever get easier. I think your feelings are legitimate. Again, I am so sorry. ((Hugs))
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on May. 16, 2011

• its never easy losing a baby.. you may never get over it,,,but it does get better i lost a baby when i was 20 now im 24 and i have 2 wonderful kids 3 and 1.. so it does get better,,,,
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 12:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Have you sought counseling? My mom had a full-term stillborn in 1969 and still cannot talk about him without crying.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Everyone is different with grief. Did you have anyone to talk to at the time? Have you let yourself greive? Did you have any counciling? if you didnt maybe you need someone to talk to about it that doesnt know you, or maybe you could join a support group in your area. I am sorry for your loss and I hope that you find a way to try to slowly mend your wound.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:34 AM on May. 16, 2011

• @ allaboutkeeley I have an Aunt that is the same, she lost 2 children in the 60s and went on to have 2 more children who are now in there 40s and she still breaks down about it from time to time.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:36 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Hugs, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is never easy to loose a child, and it does leave an empty place in your heart. Grief and loss take time. One thing that helped me to cope when I had a miscarriage was talking to a therapist. If you have not had grief counseling, it might be a good thing to check into. Another idea-- see if there is a loss support group in your area. Sometimes talking to people who have lost a child helps- as they understand what you are feeling and they know how much it hurts.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:40 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Find a group of other women that have suffered a like loss. Talking to people that understand really will help.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:55 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You lost a child, don't expect it to go away overnight. Seek counseling, join a support group and take the time to grieve. Hugs!
    marieadams

Answer by marieadams at 1:31 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You'll never "get over it" and you shouldn't have to. But with grief counseling, you might be able to cope with it a little better over time. I'm sorry for your loss. I've only ever lost babies in the first or early second trimester. *hugs*
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:53 AM on May. 16, 2011