Is this wrong?

Last night I dreamed about my high school crush. I dreamed we kissed! I am married with a 1 year old! Does anybody else have dreams like this about other people you actually know?! My marriage has been rocky here lately to say the least. Maybe that's why I dreamed about someone else? I don''t know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• totally think it is normal. I have weird dreams all the time. During elections I dreamed Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton were my BFFs. I am not a huge supporter of either, though they are fascinating women.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 12:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have before with two ex's at different times... and after those dreams i found myself angry and short wiht my husband.. and i realized it was because of those dreams... i was remembering good times with other people... (not the bad) and i had to remind myself everyday for a while why i was married to my amazing husband.... and not with them!!! But it was soo weird and i REALLY HATE getting those dreams because for some reason i do get those feelings back for them for a short time... but marriage is a battle... something you ahve to work for every day. no one said it was easy =) good luck to you and your hubby
    Anonymous

• I dreamt the other night that me, my ex and his fiancee "got together" if you know what I mean. I don't look into dreams too much though, so I'm not too worried about it. I have a 7 month old and have been with my SO for 3 years, and our relationship is fine.

No worries!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You can't control your dreams! It's not wrong at all. Dreams are hyped up as having some kind of hidden meaning, but I don't know if I buy into it. If things are rocky in your marriage a dream isn't going to make it worse or better. It might mean that you are just feeling anxious about things right now. Usually dreams just indicate anxiety but are not always directly related to what happens in the dream. I hope things get better, though, I know things can be hard sometimes.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yeah to be honest I have done in the past and thats when there are no arguments with my hubby ,that is when I have thought about things in the past and remembered old romances , nothing harmful in that ,its when you actually pursue in acting out the dream in real life that is harmful
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have F*cked up weird epic long dreams. Lately they have involved vampires (thanks to the promotions on TV for that movie). I have had dreams about exes and what not, but DH and I have never been "on the rocks."
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 1:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• OMG girl all the time... what really sucks it when you have an awesome, lusty dream and then can't get it out of your head for a day or two. And our marriage is really pretty good.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 1:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Sometimes I still dream out my high school sweetheart. We've been out of school for 10 years, I haven't seen him in 7 and I'm happily married. But he does have a small spot in my heart and I love the dreams. Even though when I wake up I'm blissfully happy to be married to the man I love with ALL my heart.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• LMAOOOOOOOOOO @ Nunya!!! I had a dream like that about my kids' doctor!!! LAWDHAMMERCY!!! DH always says that the doctor's flirting with me....
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008