Anyone else feel like this? (Stay at home moms please)

I am a stay at home mom. I love it when ppl ask me if I work and I respond with i stay at home. They then say oh so you don't work. I tell them that I am extremely under paid, for the work I do and the hours I put in, but I have awesome perks watching my DS grow and learn everyday!
So I guess I want to know if anyone else feels like this, and does anyone say something different?

EJKZ

Asked by EJKZ at 12:57 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I do!!!! People make me feel like crap for it.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:59 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't think I've ever gotten someone saying something like "oh, so you don't work" after I tell them I'm a SAHM. Quite honestly though, I think if I'd ever get someone to say that, I'd just respond with "Nope, sit at home all day eating bon-bons while watching my stories. It's great!" I'm such a smarta$$...LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:01 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have never had anyone put me down in real life for staying at home, and have never seen anyone put anyone down for being a working mom either. It seems like people could care less where Iive, so I never have to defend myself.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 1:04 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I say I'm a domestic entreaupeneur
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 16, 2011

• No one says that to me... Although, we have 3 toddlers (3, 2, and 1), so they probably realize that I am always on the go. lol
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:14 AM on May. 16, 2011

• i just roll my eyes and point out how neglected my child is in an obviously sarcastic manner
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 1:15 AM on May. 16, 2011

• When people ask if I work and I say no, they automatically want to know if I'm in college then, when I say no, then I get this kind of look or vibe from them that is like "well you don't work or go to school, so what's your purpose" this is mainly from career types without kids, but it's hard when I'm at a table with other people and I have no job or formal education past High school. It's not that I don't want a job or education, but it isn't their place to make me feel bad about it either.

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:23 AM on May. 16, 2011

• oh ya i get it all the time. now days women need to work i suppose. and being a stay at home mom doesnt qualify as a job to some. but in reality its a full timer. even b4 baby is born with the cleaning and all that. dont get down on yourself. im a full time student and i plan to work when i get my degree and ready. people are just hipocrytes.
    MeehlingMommi23

Answer by MeehlingMommi23 at 1:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Usually what I get from people is... "You've got your hands full!" I have three active boys and my oldest is four. So, yeah, they're right with that one. I feel blessed to get to spend this time with them but I'm sure I'll be working again by the time they're all in school.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:42 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I get that reacation of "oh, you don't work!" all the time. I feel that most people look down at me because I don't work, but the way I look at it.... I would not have changed a moment of these years that I have raising my DD. No one can say wich one is the right thing to do, working or being a SAHM. The point is that we have a choice and it's nobody's business. Being a SAHM is a full time job, or maybe two full time jobs. :)
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:39 AM on May. 16, 2011