Hospital Bag..

I know I've asked this before.. But when would be the best time to pack one and what should I put in it? I'm 36 1/2 weeks now.. And my doctor is giving me at least three more until I have the baby..

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I packed a bag and kept in my car about two weeks before my due date. Based on what I used when in labor and recovering these are the best items I brought with me:

My pillow from home (so so worth it!)
    Chap stick (all that breathing makes your lips DRY)
    a hair tie
    change of clothes for me
    change of clothes for DH
    tooth brushes
    gatorade
    snacks for DH

Good luck!!

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• now! You never know exactly when you will go into labor. I have the beginings of mine packed and I am 24 weeks! haha I am not a organized freak either. WIth my first two I waited till the last minute and I regretted it both times. Make a list of things you want to take, Shampoo, Conditioner, soap, lotion, socks, comfy clothes, makeup, hair ties, baby clothes, ect. It makes a difference when you have a nicely prepared bag!
    shana.maria81

Answer by shana.maria81 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Everything above, and don't forget the camera and maybe some magazines or a book because you might be there for awhile and at some points it is nice to be able to focus on something else!! (I was induced and it was really really boring for about 24 hours I had nothing to do but watch Tv until the real labor started!!)
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i brought all of the above but i brought my ipod and my boyfriends because i knew it was going to be a long time & we both love music being that were 17 & 18
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah I also brought my iPod and my pillow from home!! It may sound weird but it is sooooo nice to have your own pillow!! And my husband also needed lots of snacks hahah!! You can't eat anything at all but he will get hungry and my hubby complained!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Also make sure if you have a dog or cat or anything like that, have arrangements for them!! I was induced and we didn't!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• bring a pretty nightgown too i cant tell you how much better i felt after a nice hot shower and putting on a gown that belonged to me and not the hospital plus i felt better about having vistors cause i wasnt half naked
    Anonymous

• Personally I stayed in the hospital johnny coat until I left. I was bleeding and all kinds of stuff so i didn't want to get my own clothes dirty!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I SAY NOW TOO... I WENT INTO LABOR AT EXACTLY 37 WEEKS. SO YOU BETTER BE PREPARED CAUSE THE BABY COULD COME ANY DAY.. AND YOU'LL BE AT THE HOSPITAL WITH NO CLOTHES FOR YOU OR YOUR BABY...
    LATINMOMMY2008

Answer by LATINMOMMY2008 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008