Raises?

How do I get my husband to ask for a raise at his work?

Hes been working at the same job for 4 years now, getting paid the same wage, $10.00 an hour. He works hard, and he even created a program for them, to make it easier to do time sheets. Yet he still won't ask for a damn raise. We have a baby on the way, and I don't make enough either, and we're always scraping by. Every time I ask him, ask for a raise, he says, Yeah, I know, I'm just waiting for the right moment to ask. Hes afraid they won't give him one, and I tell him, You just have to ask, even his co-workers say hes way overdue for a raise. How can I make him go ask them? I feel like I'm going to be the one to go into his work and ask for him. Its getting rather irritating, him not just asking. Its not like it would really hurt anything for him to just ask, if they don't give him a raise (which I highly doubt they won't), at least he asked, and we'll find some other way to get more money.

Its doubly irritating when I know they pay people that have been working there for 6 months more than him. Then some people that are terrible workers, get paid more than him. Its really frustrating.

monstersmommy20

Asked by monstersmommy20 at 1:20 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Just have him go to HR and ask them for the criteria in asking for a raise. Generally there are criteria in place, and if your job performance and time with the company match their's, you'll automatically qualify.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:15 AM on May. 16, 2011

• The problem with that, they don't have an HR department. Its just 3 guys running the company, and then they have their workers. Other people in his company just go up and ask them if they can have a raise and they say yes or no.
    monstersmommy20

Comment by monstersmommy20 (original poster) at 2:41 AM on May. 16, 2011

• He needs to boost his self confidence. Have his put together a list of his accomplishments at the company / how he has made a positive impact.

He also needs to update his resume, and look for a new job

Answer by rkoloms at 6:23 AM on May. 16, 2011