So what do you think?

Dh parents divorced when he was 2, they both had somewhat custody of him but they both remarried
And he was raised by both of then at different times of his life. His dad remarried
When he was five to a lady that cheats on him in his own house with him there. Yea h let the guy move in!
Well his step mom had a daughter when they met and dh's dad adopted her. She had 3 kisds as a teen, no job, one guy to another --you get the point.

So it's been 6 years of them NEVER coming to see us , the daughter and her kids living off his dads paycheck( she lives with them ) her and her new husband pawning dh dad stuff and nonjob. Last month we went to visit because DS was admit about pawpaw. Guess what? They gave their new freaking Tahoe to them gfor supposedly payments ( first time I had known her to have a job and she had just started 2,weeks before that) and also they let us know that they are going to owner finance their house to them. Meanwhile dh and I are struggling bad . We have been poking for a hOuse for so lOng. Oh and they are gonna remodel it . Dh is pissed- WANs to confront his dad about 27 years of getting zilch while his adopted sister gets a silver spoon and her and her new husband a free place tO live. We asked his dad one time for something , if he could let us borrow his jack and he said it's in he shed somewhere he. Didn't wanna dig it out . Wow!

Dh wants to confront his dad knong it's he end of the relationship. I say why bother ? What do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow sorry about the spelling!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't confront him. My dad is the same way with his dumbass wife's son (my stepbrother). He gets everything, I get shit. If I were to confront him, it would be a mistake.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:31 AM on May. 16, 2011

• it's a crappy situation, but being mad over who gets what when FIL is the owner of these thing isn't going to change the situation. It's best just to forget it, and move on.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah forget about it. He's not going to change now.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 1:40 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I think he should confront his dad. He needs to know how he feels. I stopped talking to my dad for a few years and now we're better with eachother in a way. He there for me now. Sometimes you have to just let out how you feel even if that stops you from talking to them for a while. At least let him know exactly how you feel.
    cicilyiluvu

Answer by cicilyiluvu at 1:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't. I'm with you- why bother?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:06 AM on May. 16, 2011

• That's terrible, the way he treats his own son! I dont think confrontation is going to help the situation, but maybe your DH just needs to get it off his chest. If it was me being treated like that I would just drop contact. Your DH could just write a letter to his dad, but never send it. I personally wouldn't want a damn thing from my dad if he treated me like that. Clearly the SIL is a manipulative user. Maybe his dad is just trying to get away from her without pissing his wife off, and his wife is the enabler? Whatever you do in this situation, don't covet. That just makes it worse.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 11:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• We tried the ignoring thing but they just came by and we have company alot and just happened to have some then and they walked right in. We had ignored them for almost 4 months that time
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:47 PM on May. 16, 2011