Targeted Delivery dates

DH and I are thinking of trying for another baby and we have talked about planning to try and have the baby born on a special date, we would not go as far as having a C-section on a certain date just to make our desired date.I remember all the couples who in April of l999 made a big effort to conceive so they could possibly have the first baby of the Milenium. How has this kind of strategy worked for others or are we crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have an incredibly heavy work schedule in the summer, so the delivery date of our baby was certainly a consideration. Luckily we got pregnant on the first try, so our planning worked!

There's no way to tell what exact day your baby will be born--it can be two weeks on either side of the due day, but it'll be interesting to see how close to your special date the baby is born.

Good Lucke!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:13 AM on May. 16, 2011

• you can try for it, but baby comes when baby comes.. regardless of how well you plan it.. So it's best to shoot for a target month rather than a day.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You can try for a certain MONTH but as for a certain DAY that would be VERY difficult because

#1 95% of babies do not come on their due dates

#2 You really have VERY little control over when you ovulate so you will only be able to try during you fertile time and then deal with the due date you get.

That being said WITHOUT TRYING TO AT ALL...

DD....Found out I was pregnant on Fathers Day.

DS...Was due 4th of July

Baby # 3 (who we lost to miscarriage}....Found out I was pregnant New Years Eve after taking a test everyday for a week! I was due on Labor Day.

Baby #4 (this pregnancy}....Found out on St. patricks day. Due 2 Days after Thanksgiving.

We have something about Holidays. LOLOLOL
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:18 AM on May. 16, 2011