My husband doesnt understand the games his mother plays with me. I have tried to proove many instances to him and thus getting him convinced about what his mom is upto. I dont understand why she feels so threatened with my existence in her son's life. But I wonder how long will I continue to proove my point to my hubby. This is only when it comes to his parents, especially his mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Without a specific example its hard to help or give advice. But have you thought that it might be in your head? Have you tried excepting her for who she is?
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:50 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I went thru this with my ex husband. I couldnt deal with her very well....this went on for a few years. We are now divorced.....i wish you the best of luck! Hopefully he'll come around!
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 5:10 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Point things out to your DH as they're happening, so he can't deny what's going on. My Dh rejected me saying his mother was being manipulative and stepping on my toes as a mother, but once I brought it to his attention in the moment he realized there really was an issue and we were able to set boundaries and create a healthier relationship with his mother.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:12 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You may want to be careful pointing out the "flaws" with his mother. Only you know your husband, so you know how their relationship is. My best advice without having more details is to try and cut back the communication you have with her and let everything go through your husband that way there is no room for "she did this or that". Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:24 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My SO mom is a crazy ***** who has pulled a number of stunts and is now MOVING in with him.... LONG STORY. I will just say she got what she wanted.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 9:39 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have great experience with this. a great point of tention. They dont see it. Your husband says, I known them my whold life, they are not like that,,,,,then one day the family will slip, or get caught in front of him acting the way they do and it will hit him like a ton of bricks. OK...My husband is currently reading this book called Everymans Marriage. Barns and nobel or amazon......read it! get him to read it. Its a book written by a christian husband and father and its all about the mans job to listen to his bride. Something my husband read hit him in the head and he was talking to me about it all day. Good Luck!
    GardenEve

Answer by GardenEve at 4:19 AM on May. 20, 2011