What is the best way to get over your first love?

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 4:19 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• The best way is to put him in the past and keep him there. For some reason first loves always have a place in your heart, but that doesn't mean they should have a place in your life. Deny his request and keep reminding yourself why he is an ex.. you'll think about him less every day.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:25 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I believe everyone has 2 soulmates-the one you spend the rest of your life with and the one you spend the rest of your life trying to forget.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 9:36 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Shoot him.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:31 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Lol...that is funny I wish it was that simple! He just keeps popping up I did not hear anything from him for 3 years and thought I was over him. Seeing his fb request sparked something in me crazy. I love my husband and life and kids I just have a little something that nags at me when I hear his voice or see his face.I would never have an affair or runaway with him I just want to get over and through with him! Gosh why do I even care about his well being??????????? Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BillieHolidae

Comment by BillieHolidae (original poster) at 5:01 AM on May. 16, 2011

• If only it was that simple. My husband knew about my first love & he actually, teesed me about it, at times.
    He knew, id never cheat on him.
    I admit, I do still catch myself thinking about him from time to time. And probably always will.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:34 AM on May. 16, 2011

• replace him with a hotter man
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• time
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:02 AM on May. 16, 2011

• LOL let me kn when u find that answer....I still talk to my first love and havent seeing him in over 20 yrs....feelings still the same! plus he looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than we were kids!
    koolmaa

Answer by koolmaa at 12:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I believe that my love life is as it should be. My first love was ended for a very important reason that I may know nothing about . . . but I am confident that there was and is a master plan, and my first and I were not part of it for the long-term.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:59 PM on May. 16, 2011