What do you do to give your hubby a boost when he is down???

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 4:20 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• he does not like it when people are hovering and going what is wrong, how can i help etc. he prefers to be left alone and he'll ask if he wants something but...little things like make a good dinner and just bring it to him, say why don't you relax and watch a movie while you eat tonight? we usually eat at the table but occasionally i do that if he had a really long day. give him a light kiss on the cheek and say im here if you want anything, i love you and leave him alone. most men don't like to be pushed into accepting our help even though a lot of wives REALLY want to help, they don't always want that.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:04 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Remind him we'll get through it. Try to talk it out to see what the best solution is. Or just reassure him I'm there for him. Cuddle time in front of a movie is good too.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Hmmmm, a bj? lol....
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 9:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I just try to be there for him. Listen to him vent, help him find a solution, and if all else fails do my best to take his mind off of things;)
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:18 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Tell him how much I love and appreciate him, give him a nice backrub, listen to him if he's willing to open up.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 5:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• He's very rarely what you'd call "down". However, if he's struggling with something, I stay logical and talk him through a course of action.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:05 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Plenty of cuddles, kisses & see where it goes . . .
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:28 AM on May. 16, 2011

• when my so is down, i listen to him, cuddle, and make his favorite snack. And I def don't complain about him playing video games. LOL.
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 9:37 AM on May. 16, 2011