Im having a baby girl. She is due July 3rd. I still need so many things but dont have a lot to spend. Anybody in the mason, Mi area have baby items (any) that are in really good condition? Thanks

Lilmommy29

Asked by Lilmommy29 at 5:11 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest freecycle. Your local group is Mid Michigan Reuseit Network. (google it) I know this because I used to belong to this group. :) I used to live in Lansing! Anyway, it was a pretty cool group then.. probably still is! You don't have to tell them your situation. Just put in your request. Good luck!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:30 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I am not too proud to beg! I Know a lot of people who have 3 and 4 year old's who still have infant things. Some have cribs, strollers, feeding chairs, ect. They are more than happy to give it away or sell it very cheap. You can also get a friend to organize a baby shower. I just had one yesterday, I was so surprised what kind of gifts I got. I wasn't expecting anyone to get some of the things I got. I got a portable infant play bed, Bouncy seats, Jumbo pampers, onesie, blanket,, a crib!!!! I know that a lot of moms on cafe-mom thinks that asking for help is a sign of weakness or U-nAmerican , I think that being resourceful and networking is the smartest thing you can do. Walmart also has great deals!.Good luck!

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 7:53 AM on May. 16, 2011

• try posting on craigs;ist or sometimes they even have stuff free there
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:07 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have a friend who lives in Mason, I'll ask her!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I dont live in the area but i never had much money to spend either so i bought most of my stuff from craigslist. It was a blessing!
    lovemylife88

Answer by lovemylife88 at 10:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thank you for all your comments. I look on craigslist several times everyday and I have looked on Reuseit. Most postings arent in Mason. My man drives a suburban so the gas to drive around checking out baby items gets expensive. If someone in Mason or close has or knows someone with baby things...that would be perfect...thanks again everybody
    Lilmommy29

Comment by Lilmommy29 (original poster) at 3:36 AM on May. 18, 2011