My period is a week late and negative home pregnancy test, can i be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you'd have sex (unprotected or not) you can always be pregnant. I mean, it's really not rocket science. =P Not trying to be a wise ass, but I see this question posted at least three or four times a day. We're all Moms on here, we should all know! LOL <3

But, give it another week and if no period take another test. When in doubt, go to the doctor. Sometimes stress can cause late periods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Did you have sex? If yes, congratulations, you may very well be pregnant. The next step is to consult your doctor. If you did not have sex, then unless a deity or space alien or parasite knocked you up, it's probably just stress or other health concerns. If I'm being rude, I'm sorry, but there are sooo many people on here that ask "can I be pregnant" when the answer is always yes, yes you can. Tests can turn up false negatives for a variety of reasons. False positives are quite rare.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 5:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• yes it is poss i have been 5days late and wasnt prego tho..so it could be stress or could b something else..i ended up concieveing like a mnth later tho so who knows you can have a false neg or your just late this time..its a gamble everytime
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:13 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes wait another week and try another test first thing in the morning
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 9:20 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I tested negative for several weeks and was actually pregnant.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 9:39 AM on May. 16, 2011