I think i have OCD, and im going to the doctors tomorrow. can any one help me figure out if i do?

i always pick at my gums. yes the gums in my mouth. i pick at them until they bleed and i dont know why. i do this alot, could this be OCD? please help. thanks!

loveyy578

Asked by loveyy578 at 5:34 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• Picking at the body is its own disorder, but it's often comorbid with OCD, yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatillomania

bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 5:42 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Do talk to your doctor but be sure he/she understands the importance of vitamins/minerals to treat the nutritional deficiencies that are often the cause of the behavior. Large doses of niacin, vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, and a caffeine-free, sugar-free, vegetarian diet can alleviate the symptoms. Best of luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My dd has OCD.  I don't think your problem is OCD.  You need to see a psychiatrist to be properly evaluated.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:41 AM on May. 16, 2011