Why is there

a debate about being a working mom vs SAHM?

Is the assumption that they are the only capable parent?
If one of the parents is home and one is working, what's it matter which gender is pulling each duty?

And why do some(not all) working moms think they are better then the SAHM's?

I don't get it. That debate seems to totally overlook the other parent completely (or I'm missing something else)

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:55 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think it's largely people on both sides that are unhappy with their personal choices, looking to make themselves feel better by painting the other choices as worse.
    bishopblack

Answer by bishopblack at 7:09 AM on May. 16, 2011

• There will always be SAHMs Vs Working Moms Debate. As there will always be Married Moms Vs Single Moms, BF Moms Vs BottleFeeding Moms, and so on.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 7:03 AM on May. 16, 2011

• i have no idea...it's so ridiculous!

You're right, some of them totally overlook the other. Some people just have to feel as if they are the best & if that means putting down others, then they will.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:57 AM on May. 16, 2011

• yeah I know there will always be debates but we are all adults so why can't we just all get along and put the pettiness behind us???!! I don't look down on working mothers or SAHM's they are both working in a way one is just outside the home and the other is at home
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:05 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I think it's the 'you work so you aren't a real mom.  You let daycare raise the for you.'  It's stupid but I'm fairly certain that's it.  SAHMs feel they are doing better by always being with their kids.

Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:25 AM on May. 16, 2011