What would you do?

My husband had an uncle pass away last week Friday and his funeral is on Wednesday this week; husband wants to take our oldest out of school and take him with him(the funeral is in Lansing).

Would you allow him to take him from school or not. I had an uncle pass away a month ago and neither of my boys went to his funeral. It would be just husband and oldest son going my toddler and I would be staying home. Do you feel this is wrong or not.

We all liked this uncle so I would have no problem going I just figured husband would go by himself like I did and leave the boys home with me. Just wondering what you would do or say.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:02 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• If your son wants to go with him, I don't see any problem with it. You can't compare every situation with another one. Women are stronger than men. Taking your son along may be his way of easing the pain. Sounds like he knows it's hard to bring a toddler or find a sitter, so he accepts that you are not going. Maybe this is his way of having a "piece" of you by his side.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:16 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I see no problem with him taking him out of school. I don't know if you talked about it before when you had a family member pass about you bringing your kids...but if that's what he wants...accept that he wants his son by his side. -Shrugs-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:08 AM on May. 16, 2011

• husband is very distraught and I figured that is why he wanted his son to go with him; I have no problems with that I was just going to let husband go by himself and keep the boys here; that was all I am saying. I have written the school a note to let them know and am just waiting for a response from his teacher as to what he needs to do for Wednesday. I feel son is old enough to go and he wants to go with dad.
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:12 AM on May. 16, 2011