I NEED to get over this! Sorry kinda long.

I was seeing this guy, Josh, in 2007, I fell for him in a big way, we were only dating for about 6 months and he suddenly stopped calling and texting. When I eventually called him, he said: 'It's not working, I think we should stop seeing eachother.' I was heartbroken, as it seemed like such a shock! Rumours went round and apparently he was seeing his ex behind my back.

As time went on I got with someone else, Lance, one of his friends, I'll be honest, I did this to make Josh jealous. Which it did, he ended it with is girlfriend, and ended up texting me about 5 months after we'd split, asking how I was and if I wanted to meet up, I decided not to, I thought I'd give Lance a go, as the relationship was going quite well. As it turns out, Lance turned out to be a violent psycho, so we split after a year.

When the story came out that I'd been mentally and physically abused by Lance, Josh got in contact again to see if I was ok, I was so happy that he cared, we were texting for a few days, then he stopped replying. He was already with someone else.

I decided I needed a fresh start, I hadn't planned on getting with anyone new, I just wanted to take time out to recover, and spend more time with my friends and family, but I ended up meeting Aaron, he was so sweet and understanding, he showered me with expensive gifts, and spent loads of money on weekends away for the both of us, anyway only a year after getting with Aaron I found out I was pregnant, I was scared at first, but happy when I got used to the idea. We now have a beautiful daughter, and I'm so happy, but I cannot get Josh out of my head. I find myself dreaming about him all the time, and it's driving me crazy! I love Aaron very much, we have a family, and even though it wasn't planned our child is very loved. I know Josh is with someone new, and I wish him happiness, but I still have feelings for him. Someone please help me get over this, I have more important things in my life now, and I don't want to feel this way anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you in love with the idea of what you think could have happened with "the one that got away".... You are where you are supposed to be, and you weren't meant to be with Josh or you would be with him. It's okay to have feelings for someone as long as you don't act on them. It sounds like it has been some time since you and Josh have been together, I think that you are more in love with the idea of "what might have been" and not the actual person, people change over time, and unless you are with that person you can't possibly love the person they have become. Love the memory hon, but be grateful for what you have now.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:45 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Just remember he did you wrong. He dumped you. That alone should make you not want to think about him.

Answer by louise2 at 7:51 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I find myself remembering the one that got away when things are stale with my SO. It is my experience that as things grow less exciting you think about the past and remember all the good exciting stuff and not the boring hum drum things that you went through. Maybe this is a cue that you need a babysitter and a great date filled with excitement.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:20 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I think you are romanticizing your past with Josh. You should focus for a minute on the things that were obviously terrible about the relationship... Clearly you both played mind games with each other. You were both manipulative and dishonest when dealing with each other. I think it was for the best that you didn't get back together with him. Niether of you treated each other with respect and over time that will allways turn into an abusive relationship. I think you dodged a bullet with that one! Not to mention, you are the company you keep... If he's calling the guy that abused you friend than you shouldn't even friend him on facebook.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:11 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Thanks ladies, it's driving me nuts! Hate feeling this way, he was an ass for treating me like that, I have now found someone much better, who treats me like a Princess, and appreciates me and everything I do for him :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 AM on May. 16, 2011