What are the kiddie parks like in your neighborhood?

In my neighborhood, we have one really nice park that's always clean, but we have to drive to this one. The other one, that we can walk to is always gross. Graffiti (really nasty stuff) and glass, and garbage everywhere. It's really sad......it's for small kids too! Today I was standing at the bottom of the slide waiting for my 2 year old daughter to come down.....looked at the ground below me and there was all kinds of broken beer bottle around. So sad......

HomeBoundMama

Asked by HomeBoundMama at 1:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We have a ton of nice parks
    jen_park

Answer by jen_park at 4:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Our city parks around here suck. I refuse to take any of my kids to them. Most of the swings are broken at our local park and the play structure is very unsafe for anybody. There are just 3 foot drop offs with nothing keeping small kids from falling off. The ground cover is like 1" of wood chips over hard dirt. Yeah...not gonna play there. The other local park has no bridge on the "toddler" structure so there is no way to get to the slide other then for a parent to lift them up on to it. The bridge on the older kid structure is broken and it tilts on one side making it hard to get across and it is like 4' off the ground with nothing really keeping the kids from falling off.

We tend to drive 20 or more minutes out to the suburbs to play at one of their wonderful parks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Generally the parks are well kept. If one isnt, then we try to avoid it. Broken glass and debris on the playground is a recipe for disaster.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I love the parks here...
    smilingontime

Answer by smilingontime at 7:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• We're going to walmart tomorrow to pick up a swingset/slide/sandbox combo for our daughter!!! So excited. I cannot wait to see her face once it's all done. :)
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 2:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• The closest park is bout 30 mins or so away. We do not have any inour actual neighborhood. The one is very nice though/. Have 3 diff play areas for diff aged kids, has rubber mulch in it and is always very clean!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 12, 2008