Computer Virus :(

Saturday night Dh was playing an online game on the comp and something about virus popped up. I told him to delete all internet stuff, close the window and run the AVG and spybot. He just deleted teh internet history and ran AVG adn kept playing his game. Yesterday I got on to see how bad it was. and the virus won't let me get into my programs!! I can't even open the caculator. I tried to run AVG but it won't open. So I tried to download a new one and it won't let me. I'm not really as much worried about the comp. as I am my stuff on the comp. The computer itself is like 6 years old and has been acting weird for awhile now. But I have like 5,000 pictures and DAYS worth of music. My flash drive is not big enough to transfer all the stuff off, and I'm not buying 200$ worth of flashdrives to do it. So I bought some blank CD's. But guess what?? The virus won't let me run my cd drive! I'm currently (very slowly) uploading all my pictures to photobucket. But I don't know if I can put them all on their or not, or how long it will take (can only do 2500 at a time). I want to do a system restore on teh comp. but not until I know my stuff is bakced up somehow. Any ideas???

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 7:46 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Technology

• AVG is terrible for Windows, just to let you know. It will slow your system down even more and is called the "Windows Killer" by PC technicians.

I recommend downloading Malwarebytes and Ccleaner. For antivirus I also recommend Avira. Avira is 1,000x better than AVG and will not cause your system to crap out on you. You should run all three programs weekly, as well as defrag your computer once every two weeks.

My husband just had a virus a few days ago, and I fixed it. These things ARE legit and they work. I actively use them on my computer and I have NO problem with viruses. Next time, be super careful with what you click on the internet. Unless you're downloading things, clicking stuff is what caused the virus in the first place.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 7:59 AM on May. 16, 2011