Infection question...

For those of you who've had an infection [yeast] during pregnancy, what did your doctor prescribe for you? Mine described Terconazole, the cream...did anyone else have this prescribed and was it effective? it's really disgusting and uncomfortable, so I'm wondering how effective it really is?

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It should work just fine. I've used several different things for a yeast infection. A cream that came out of a tube so you hooked this thing on the end and up it went, the little "balls" that has the cream inside (that one didn't work so well for me), and this time around they gave me Fluconazole it's a pill. What they prescribe you depends on the string of yeast. But yes the cream worked well. It was messy and gross and my husband wouldn't touch me while I had to use it but it did get rid of it and it was very effective.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• When I had an infection my doctor prescribed me Clindamycin. It's also a cream. It was very effective. It cleared up in a week. I put it in at night before I went to bed because it just oozes out and it needs to stay in there for a while. What sucked is that you can't have sex for a certain period of time cuz if you do the cream won't work.
    Anonymous