Is your hubby really sweet and romantic, always getting lovey dovey? mine isn't

I am really affectionate with him, sweet, I leave him lil' love notes all the time. He is not like that. I don't get sweet comments, romance or lovey dovey stuff very much. He says it is just how he is and lots of men are like that. Am I just being too sensitive wanting more "mushy" stuff when that is not his typical thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Some men are, some men aren't. Is this a new thing, gradual thing, or is this how he's been all along?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:02 AM on May. 16, 2011

• i think your expecting to much when he says he nots like that. Start out slow don"t ask for everything all at once he might start to come around if you pull back on yours b/c he'll wonder where it went and he might be thinking that you do enough for the both of you. So take it away from him for a bit and see what happens
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:03 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Mines not the only time he wants to cuddle is when he's pitching a tent! And sometimes I just want to cuddle, he never really gives me kisses or hugs when we leave each other. I do it to him sometimes, sometimes I wish he was more affectionate like bring home flowers or hold my hand. I do notice if were around a lot of people he will put his arm around my back but thats about it. No footies under the table on date nights just his big ass shoes stepping on mine! LOL
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 8:05 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Nope my hubby isn't all "lovey dovey" but sometimes he will do something that just makes my heart melt. I'm not the lovey dovey type of person either so it works out. If being mushy isn't his typical thing you may not get it, surprisingly it makes a lot of men uncomfortable to act like that. Know that he loves you, or he wouldn't be with you....and be happy with what you have (not being snarky, just sayin,)
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:08 AM on May. 16, 2011

• mine can be one of the sweetest men I know but he has his days where he isn't very sweet, but if I do bring it to his attention that he hasn't been showing very much affection then he will .
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:09 AM on May. 16, 2011

• no i disagree with amberpaiz! u r not expecting much. you just describe me and my husband's relationship, as nice as i am, whatever i do, he's never ever romantic. we've been married 4 years and he is not romantic. i remember im being romantic only the days we were engaged. well at least a little bit. but its also something i really want and notice quickly in other husbands because its something i want and dont. no matter what i do, he says it just isnt in him, and that people who are usually romantic all the time are fake, lol. i dont know, but it gets to me too. sorry we're in the same boat. men just suck all around. haha
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 8:10 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My husband isn't like that, (mushy, lovey dovey) but I am glad about it, b/c I am not like that either. So we fit. But if you want it, maybe he can make an effort for you.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• He'll kiss and hug me, hold me, etc. In terms of little love notes, etc., not so much. But....he does things like remember something I said in a conversation well over a year ago, something I don't even remember saying, or he remembers certain foods that I just won't eat, or places/things I'd like to do or avoid, and he incorporates those things into our life. Or, a huge example is that he wanted to move 2 hours away from where we currently live (to be closer to the terminal for the trucking company he drives for) and when I expressed concern about being that far from family and friends, he started looking for a new place where we are now.

Romance isn't necessarily just love notes and stuff. You've really got to look at everything he does for you, and you might find other things that are romantic, even if it's not in a typical way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My husband tred to be romantic in different ways. Hes not romantic he tries like twice a year when i start nagging lol but he says i dont know what to do. i told him there are book there is the internet watch some chick flicks lol but again i get nothing Grand. He writes love notes here and there and i get back rubs he will come home with dinner so i dont have to cook. Those are his ways of showing me love small simple things and to be happy i have to be fine with that, i know he loves me and i see his hard work and all the small things he does for me and our family.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 9:04 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My SO is more affectionte than I am, it just depends on the man...
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 9:14 AM on May. 16, 2011