Why do i get sinus infections every two weeks?

I went to the doc she said my sinus dont drain rite what can i do? i get them literally ever two weeks

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 8:23 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• I was in for them once a month for almost a year. They removed my tonsils 8 and 1/2 years ago and I have only had 1since.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:53 AM on May. 16, 2011

• The same bacteria found in plaque can be found in the sinuses so regular dental check ups and more then once a day flossing along with a good after brush rinse can help a lot. Also using a saline nasal soft mist spray keeps things from gumming up. You can use it as many times a day as you want. Also Garlic raw if you can handle it helps a lot( or hot onion soup)
    ShadeTree4Me

Answer by ShadeTree4Me at 9:24 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Thanks so much
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 9:27 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Have you tried a NetiPot?? That could help. But you might need to have them scrapped/cleaned. See an ENT... your doc should have referred you if you are getting infections so often!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:37 AM on May. 16, 2011

• yes my docter keep putting me on antibotics that stop it for a few days and then they back maybe i need a new docter too lol
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Whenever you are on antibiotics you need to be on probiotics. Do you have nasal allergies? Are your nasal passages swelling do to inflammation? Taking garlic pills everyday helps reduce the inflammation and it is a natural antibiotic/antiviral. Take a daily probiotic.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:53 AM on May. 16, 2011