hpt test

how many of you took a hpt prior to starting your period and got a negative? and had to wait till after you were suppossed to start to get a positive result? so how many got a negative but was actually pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I got a negative when I took a hpt 3 days before I was due then took a hpt when I was a day late and bam a big fat positive.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Everytime I've tested before my period was due I've gotten a BFN... and then my period would come a day or so later. but when i was actually late 4 or more days I got a BFP... Hence the two beautiful girls that i have now.

But this month I am about 5 days late and I tested and got a BFN... I'm not sure if i am actually pregnant or not, All i know is that I'm late 5 days.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 1:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• MANY women have to wait until they miss a period to get a positive pregnancy test. Some tests say you can test 5 days before your missed period, but that is based on the assumption that every woman has a text-book "28-day-ovulation-on-day-14" cycle. What is basically translates to is 10 days past ovulation. If you ovulate on day 14, that will be 5 days before your period. If you ovulate late, you'll have to wait longer. If you aren't sure when you ovulated, I would wait until you have missed your period to take a hpt, otherwise you may see false negatives and get discouraged before you need to, not to mention wasting money on tests... it sucks because I'm in that same boat and it's hard to wait...lol
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 3:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yeah i just don't know what to do because i just feel pregnant. and i took a test today and it came up negative but im not supossed to start until monday so it may be too soon to pick it up thats what im hoping has any one got a false negative this close to starting their period?
    Anonymous