I think she might be a little behind...

My DD will be 9 months on the 24th, she can sit by herself but she can't sit up by herself and she still falls over a lot. Shes trying to crawl but rolls more then anything. Shes just learned to chew some foods, but only has two teeth. My friends baby was born on the 25th a day later and is crawling all around, sits up, pulls himself up and is standing! I feel like my DD is behind She was born full term only 5 days early, but really small only 6.1lbs and 5.11lbs when we brought her home even the doctors were perplexed why she was so small since her sister was 2lbs heavier. She made up for it though at 27lbs. Would her being so small at birth maybe be a reason? Shes very smart though, talking and the way she plays with toy,s and interacts with her sister.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My YDD didn't start walking til 1.5 months ago, and she's almost 15 months old. She didn't talk, couldn't chew food, etc. We had her evaluated at 11 months, and she was on the borderline for qualifying for services (physical therapy, occupational therapy). We've been consistant in working with her, stressing extra work each day, and she's catching up :) I was extrememly worried, but once we put a lot more energy into helping her, she learned. Yes, it's hard to basically be working all day to help, especially with 2 other toddlers to care for, but in the end, it's worth it :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:14 AM on May. 16, 2011

• She's fine. Kids develop at their own pace. I wouldn't be feeding her anything other than formula or baby food with only 2 teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Every baby develops at their own pace. There are milestone lists that you can look up. You'll probably find that she's not raising any red flags with what she's able to do. That said, mention your concerns to your doctor at the next checkup and they should be able to give you more information.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:42 AM on May. 16, 2011

• She is fine..i work at a daycare with infants everyday. They all cross their milestones at differnt paces. She is fine thogh she will be sitting up by herself in no time and rolling all over the palce is usaully done before they start crawling. I wouldnt worry at all. And feed her any foods just make sure they are smaller peices but she can use her gums to chew it up.
    lucasmommy519

Answer by lucasmommy519 at 8:46 AM on May. 16, 2011

• my son didn't crawl until he was 12 months and pulled himself up at 13 monts walked at 14 months he sat on his own at 6 months but rolled around until he pushed himself up she probably just hasn't figured it out yet
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:23 AM on May. 16, 2011

• She doesn't sound behind to me, you need to remember that all babies develop at different rates.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• And another thing...you're probably not able to see it because you are worried, but I would bet that there are things that your child does, that your friends child can't do yet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• What everyone else said :) Also, its very hard to have a friend with a same aged baby, as comparisons willl always be there, weather you want them or not lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:10 PM on May. 16, 2011