My husband has a jersey from when he bought it at age 12. he's 30 now and it just gets thrown into the closet (ideas on what to do with it to surprise him)

and i dont mean to wear it and show it off on me lol.

I was thinking of framing it so he can hang it on the wall...any other ideas?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 8:42 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Take it to a craft store like Michael's and ask them in the framing department. They usually have really good ideas on what to do with stuff like that.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:46 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You can make it into a pillow, or have someone make a quilt with it as a center peice.

Answer by gemgem at 8:51 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I used to work at Michaels Arts and Crafts in the framing part and they can put it in a really cool shadowbox and do some really neat stuff with it. Maybe bring some pictures of him wearing it when he was little too.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:50 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Frame it if you dont want to alter it in any way. You could however, make it into a pillow if you dont mind altering it. If your going to do that ask DH if you can have the jersey & if he cares that you may alter it beforehand lol you dont want to try & do something nice then have it all ruined like that!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:09 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You could do a memory box, similar to a frame but ad something else from that time, if its a baseball jersey ad a baseball card, a pic of him in the jersery from back then, maybe he has tickets from a game maybe that, or just your own decorations from the sport the jersey is from etc..
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:53 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I was thinking a quilt as well gem gem! Do you have any special baby clothes of his and your own kids to use in it as well?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:56 AM on May. 16, 2011

• if you know how to make a quilt then you can put it in there.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:12 AM on May. 16, 2011

• well i do like the idea of framing it and i'm hoping Michaels will give me an idea or frame it for me like the suggestions above. Even though we arent sports fans i think it would look cool to frame it, put it by our big screen and displaying footballs and such around it.
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I would frame it and hang it.
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 12:31 PM on May. 16, 2011