selfish

Is it selfish of me to go to the gym for an hour, 2 days a week while DH watches our child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Hell no!
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No whats wrong with that? everyone needs a break, plus its good to workout!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 12:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No, it's good to make fitness a proirity in your life and it's good to get away from the kids for a little while too.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• He should be excited for two hours of nothing but "daddy time!" Besides, you can remind him that working out will keep you sexy and energetic ;)
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 12:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No. But, I don't know your whole story. So, maybe. But if this is the only time you are taking for yourself and you are taking care of your duties as mother and wife then, NO.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 1:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• To me it depends on what his reasons are for not wanting to watch the baby for an hour twice a week. If the baby is newborn and he's afraid he'll make a serious mistake, then I wouldn't force it. But the others are right, we all need "me time". Only thing I could suggest would be suggest he can either watch the baby or buy some exercise equipment for you to use at home and use it there so that if he needs you, you're only a room or two away.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yes. im home all day every day. cook clean. hubby just works doesnt help out much so my hr at the gym is my time
    Anonymous

• hell no it his baby to
    LisaAnnPonce

Answer by LisaAnnPonce at 1:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Of course not... I sure wish my hubby was actually HERE during the week so that I could do the same.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 1:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No, why?

He should be happy you want to keep in shape and look good for him (and you).
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008