Does or did your four year do this?

my four year old really wants to go to school. she'll be five this oct and were all praying that she gets to go to preschool/headstart. but since wasn't able to go this year, she made up a preschool using different characters from cartoons that she likes. and to top it off, she watches pbs and tells her sisters that she learned something new each day using what she watched from pbs. is this a phase or has anyone else went through this? i'm just wondering if it's normal or do i just have some very strange children? (lol)

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 9:12 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no, that's very imaginative and creative! go her!!

ps: i have a 4 year old turning 5 this october too :) she's starting a voluntary pre-kindergarten program at a nearby pre-school this fall. it's only 3 hours a day and free! you should see if your area offers any VPK type programs.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:15 AM on May. 16, 2011

• not strange, very smart with an awesome imagination!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:13 AM on May. 16, 2011

• that is really cute. She must really want to go and has a good imagination. My kids didn't do that when they were little with school but made up all sorts of things but I do remember that i did it when i was younger.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:15 AM on May. 16, 2011

• out here your put on a list. we're are praying really hard that she gets excepted.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on May. 16, 2011

• My daughter is 3 1/2 & she makes her characters play school all the time. There will be students & a teacher & she will teach them lessons lol So I'm going to say that its perfectly normal! My daughter also asks me to teach her things all the time & she says it like that "mama will you teach me..."
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:25 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Totally normal! My 4 year old boy wants DESPERATELY to go to school as well, and we're getting him into pre-k this fall. My oldest two both went, and I've found that it gives them a firm base on which to build their learning as they head into Kindergarten. Plus the teachers here make it really fun, and it's almost like a second family. I know I cried when my younger DD had to leave her pre-k teacher and class behind- I really loved the teacher and got to know most of the kids.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• that's her problem. she really wants to school too. she's spent time in preschool and kindergarden because of her older sisters.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on May. 16, 2011

• When he was 2 and 3, my little guy would pile all his stuffed animals in a laundry basket and climb in with them and that was his school bus, and then he'd take them out and line them all up on the floor and they'd have school. It was cute. It was funny to listen to him and see what he thought the bus and school were like based on things he'd seen on TV and heard his older sibs talking about.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:30 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Very cute, very smart!
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 11:42 AM on May. 16, 2011

• thats really cute, not weird at all
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 2:12 PM on May. 16, 2011