Blah way to start off the day =(

I have apartment envy! See I just moved into my dads buildings & although I love my apartment its the smallest one of them all =( I was just checking out the one across the hall its massive compared to mine! My sister (who also lives in the same building) has one at least twice the size of mine! We are no joke the smallest apartment by far, we have two rooms in here that are 10x10 barely enough room to fit our queen bed in (we had to downsize from a king to queen bc of the size of the room!).

I hate being all negative bc I am appreciative of my place I really am & we even did some custom things in here (so I cant switch apartments!) but gosh its so friggin' tiny we barely fit in here =( every day since moving over a month ago I look around all depressed like we cant fit our basic things in this place. I am constantly throwing things away, packing things into storage, & trying to figure out new ways to get everything to fit. I havent even found a way to fit my clothing into our bedroom yet! SO has an entire tote still full of packed up clothing & mine well its in piles all along the floor, some hanging up, some in drawers but it wont fit! I just got rid of 5 trashbags full of clothing too the other day =(

Okay just a vent about how jealous I am of all the other apartments. My dad just told me well see what SO can afford meaning if I want to upgrade we'd have to pay more money *sigh* that we cant do (we pay a lot for this smallish place but its worth it) plus we did some custom things in here for just us that wont work overly well with the other renters (all college students) plus I like what we did in ours & I cant afford to have it done to the other place so here we are stuck in this one blah

Alright venting over what has made you blah today already?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 9:18 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm sorry :( I know what it's like to have apartment envy! We wanted one of the apartments in our complex with a fenced in back yard for FOREVER, and just when we thought we might get to switch to one, another family moved in and snapped it up :( Now, though, we are in a much better apartment than the one we missed out on, and it's with the other longterm renters here(the ones we were in flipped pretty fast because they were cheap and the landlord, bless his heart, is a big old pushover). What kind of upgrades did you guys do?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:49 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Thats to bad that you have such a small apartment, but you can make it work out okay
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I think my marriage is over.......and I hurt all over from it..............and even though I made it to work.........counting my blessings minute to minute today............I just want to run away....................that's my blah morning..........sorry to sound so BLAH..........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:32 AM on May. 16, 2011

• aww ladies :( Im sorry for both of you with your blahhh morning I hope it all works out with your small apartment and your hubby.. just think stay in the apartment a year like that and then see if u can upgrade and see if there is anything bigger.. Just think how close your family will be in that small aprtment might bond well. and u sweety I have been there its not easy at all i feel for u and im praying for you.. keep your head up high and try to talk it all out and see where u both r in life right now... good luck both of you!! feel free to add me if u would like to chat more!!
    proudmom12304

Answer by proudmom12304 at 9:39 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Sorry Dahis that you are going through this.

I had my dad put a hole in a wall so I could see from the kitchen to the livingroom then add a bar with cabinets under it on the kitchen side of the wall. We have a doorway from one bedroom to the other so my daughter can go from her room to her playroom easily (but if she dosent start playing in that damn playroom more I'm going to snatch it up for my clothing! I swear!). He just made it to fit a family more then college kids, he rents to 2-3 kids in one apartment so setting up/building an apartment geared towards them well it just comes out different for their comfort, does that make sense!?

We're stuck here & it certainly wont bring us closer together lol if anything it will drive us all insane from one another hahahaha good thing we have a HUGE backyard full of things to do & all my family lives close so we can escape easily lol
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I know the feeling, my house is way too small and I hate it.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• 8th anniversary of my parent's murder. BLah.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Well my motto is : No matter how bad things get for me...there is someone out there that has it 10x worse ...and my heart goes out to them.

Maybe if you keep telling yourself that...you can rise up from where you are :)
    Good Luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:38 PM on May. 16, 2011