Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig?

I am wanting to lose the weight that I gained while I was prenant. Has anyone been on these programs? What has worked for you? I am the type of person who needs someone who pushes me. I am leaning toward WW but not sure. It is really expensive.

simplysavvy

Asked by simplysavvy at 9:25 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• WW can be covered by insurance if your BMI is considered high(which is almost everyones!) It will teach you and give you more support. They have proven WW to stick with people for the rest of their lives even if they get off the program and need to return later in life.
    ShadeTree4Me

Answer by ShadeTree4Me at 9:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I lost a lot of weight on WW when I was a teenager (later regained it, but that wasn't the fault of the program). It is a very livable, "real world" kind of diet.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I haven't done either one, but I would suggest WW. Alot of people eat these healthy meals to lose weight. Then after they lose they gain it back. You need to learn how to prepare healthy meals and what to stay away from. Also a good exercise routine. After you learn that it's not so bad. Good luck!!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 11:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I am doing weight watchers right now. It is not near as expensive as jenny craig was going to be. I called them and it was going to be @130.oo per week. I just can't do that. I signed up for 3 months online with ww for only $53.00. I like doing it online cause there isn't any meetings where i live and i like using the e tools. Plus you can still eat things that you like. Good Luck
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Weight Watchers. You learn how to eat. You can eat normal food, just watch your points. With Jenny Craig, you have to buy their food. With Weight Watchers all you have to pay for is your meetings. I am currently on Weight Watchers and wouldn't do any other type of lifestyle change.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:19 PM on May. 16, 2011