Seizures...

I was diagnosed almost 4 yrs ago with a seizure disorder. We are still fumbling through. I am on Meds and still have break through. I do not go unconciouse... Mine are more facial tics and, slurred speech, muscle spasms in the face, neck and upper body and arms (few other symptoms & health issues).

Heres my questions... are you/a loved one in this boat? Thoughts/Comment?

We still do not know the cause.  I was very active and healthy up to the day they struck (literally the best shape of my adult life - go figure). 

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 9:32 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• I have them. I have had them since I was 16 months old, the last 32 years of my life. I do know the cause behind mine, I had meningitis at 16 months and my fever shot up to 107, whenever that spot on my brain gets irritated I have one. I have done good lately, almost 18 moths without one. Then they started back.I will be happy to talk if you ever need to. Just pm me. Good luck!!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 11:23 AM on May. 16, 2011

• my 3 year old has fever seziers
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 12:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Just recently the same thing has happened to me. It began in Oct my DR doesn't know why it happened. I have done NUMEROUS amounts of test and have yet to get any answers. I am taking anti-seizure medication and it has stopped it.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 8:47 PM on May. 16, 2011