Shape-Up Shoes for 7yr Olds, Will You Buy Them Does The Sale of Them Upset You?

This was on the " Today Show " with a complaint about how the shoe is to shape their butt and legs. I personally just didn't buy these kind of things for my kids when I saw them if I didn't like them and didn't get so upset and up tight as these TV shows seem to want us to be. I see the ladies point as making the young girls feel they have to be pretty on the commercials, but I always tried to make my girls feel pretty just by the way I DRESSED them and TOLD them were PRETTY. How do you feel, will you buy Shape Up Shoes just because you like the shoe anyway, the young girls may want them and NOT even realize what all the fuss is about?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 9:33 AM on May. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No. I was just watching this. The President of Sketchers said that they were marketing to young girls for the exercise purpose. However, if that was the case, they shouldn't have started the "SeXY" marketing campaign for women in the first place. That was a BIG mistake on their part. I say they screwed up if they were intending a fitness campaign. They should have targeted their ad campaigns a little differently. Besides, they do not make you into a Kim Kardashian! 

There is a campaign somewhere out there to have this taken down.  I can't find it.  But one lady wrote in that their marketing is teaching that it's never too young for a young girl to start hating their body..   I believe that's what it's saying as well.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:28 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't think thats at all appropriate, a 7 year old should be active, but they should not be thinking about THAT at such a young ago.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:36 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I will not be buying them. But if someone else wants to buy them for their kid then who am I to question them.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have no problem with the shoes but will not be buying them. It's more of a cost issue for me. One of my friends bought them for her daughter because her daughter thought they were cute. This girl wouldn't have any idea what lift or tone was if I asked her. Not only is she skinny to start off with but you can tell her mom makes her feel good about herself. If mom was hard on her, then I'd think it was wrong.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 9:49 AM on May. 16, 2011

• No I hated Mine
    JeremyJulieMom

Answer by JeremyJulieMom at 10:30 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Age **
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:37 AM on May. 16, 2011