Okay... hypothetical...

I believe in MANY MANY Gods... I have always wondered if ONE of these Gods inspired the bible on an ego trip... Now I realize that every Christian on here is just going to think... NO-WRONG there is only one god / Go away... BUT my question is just this... WHAT IF! What if you die and find out that there are many gods and the one that you have been putting all this faith in is just as fallible as you? Would you appoligise to the others?

Just a hypothetical - there is NO right answer... Be creative and I'll vote you best answer...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would jump up and down and say... "I knew it! I knew it!!" lol!! Although I believe in reincarnation and not an assention to the gods after death, I've wondered this same thing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Excellent question for the open-minded to ponder. I have never thought of it that way, but now you have me thinking. Lots of cultures believe in multiple Gods, could they all be onto something?
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 12:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I THINK WE HAVE ONE CREATOR AND HUMANS HAVE TRANSLATED THEIR OWN VERSION OF THEIR GOD OF CHOICE.

Answer by older at 1:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I whole heartedly believe that every God that everyone believes in exists. Even if just because one person believes in Him/Her/It, whatever the case may be. I also believe in reincarnation, but I believe that in cases of multiple Gods that one person believes in, each God gets a hand in the subsequent reincarnations. So say you believe in 4 Gods for example. The first time your soul is reincarnated, God A decides how you should carry on. The second time you are reincarnated, God B is the decider and so forth. So I wouldn't have to apologize for not believing in the others. However, I would like to think that if I did believe in one God and discovered to the contrary, I would apologize, but I guess I may never know that, huh? Great question
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I, too believe in multiple Gods - I think more in the way many Native Americans believe in them - that there is one God, but multiple sort of "mini-gods" within that one god, all with separate duties. I know there are "others" that I can call on if I need to. I normally only refer to Mother and Father God and even the "two" boil down to mainly only one because I think everything within that one IS God. But even that ONE God is more perfect than the Bible perceives him as. God is not jealous, petty, quick to get angry, or any other negative attribute. God is all-loving, all wonderful, omnipotent, and forever on "our side". Anything negative is simply by man's personal interpretation and self-centered motives.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ooookaaaay, to Older, there where many, many gods and goddess' long before christianity, or have you never studied Greek Mythology. I believe there are other gods, goddess' (I personally pray to the Great Spirit). I also believe tht the bible is a story written by men.

How's that for contravertial?
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 1:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• In the Ten Commandments it says to not have any other "gods" little 'g' before God big 'G'. To me, and I am Christian(LDS/Mormon), this means that there are other gods; little 'g'; but that there is one creator for our world.
    This is my two cents! Let me know if you would like to know more!
    Sandy
    shsteele05

Answer by shsteele05 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• This is a bit strange, but does anyone remember the end of Men In Black. They pan out and realize that the whole world and space and the galaxy we are in is in this itty bitty marble and a giant creature is playing marbles with all these galaxies. Whenever I hear the bible verse that says that God can hold the earth in his hand, I always think of that.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• shsteele - I think that is the most open minded thing I've ever heard from a christian... I am pagan and believe there are MANY MANY gods... In fact I believe in a structure very much like the ancient Romans and Greeks believed it... I have NEVER heard of a christian that willingly admited to the existance of other gods... Good For You!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I believe there are multiple gods. So I'd be in the told ya so crowd. I think the bible even leaves room for that. maybe the followers of the Christan/Jewish god just go to a different heaven than those of other religions. Maybe those who believe in reincarnation are reincarnated while those who do not just go off to live everlasting life in heaven with their god.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2008