Is this allergies?

or something else? My boys(9 years old and 4 years old) will wake up during the night coughing a horrible cough and wheezing; they have this during the day but it seems to get worse at night. Could it be allergies or what? We have cats and I have alot of allergies also. thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:41 AM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• see if you can't get them into the doctor. they may have asma (i forgot how to spell it) all three of my girls (9,6,4) have sinus and allergies, but my middle one is on an inhailer for breathing problems. sorry if i got you worried but you really need to get them checked out.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 9:47 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I think it probably is......and maybe some sinus issues. Good luck!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 9:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• my oldest does have asthma and is on an inhaler for it was just wondering about the coughing and wheezing in my 4 year old and if the inhaler isn't working for my oldest like it should
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on May. 16, 2011

• If the inhaler isn't working like it should then the medications need to be adjusted. i have asthma and I wake up occasionally coughs and wheezing at night due to allergies. You need to take them and have them evaluated.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:32 AM on May. 16, 2011

• cats can't go outside they are fully declawed and they wouldn't last a day without claws
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:19 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Put the cats outside.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:14 PM on May. 16, 2011