Anyone else on unemployment also?

I've been since August, can't find a job that pays enough for daycare costs....I don't know how they expect people to live to that.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 9:42 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not but my co-worker just quit because the cost of daycare and gas outweighed the pay. It's really ridiculous what people expect you to get by on, and the cost of daycare is just insane. I used to have to pay almost $600 per month for 1 child.
    siera_lyn

Answer by siera_lyn at 11:02 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree, and that's why I work from home. You may or not be interested, but I would like to show you what my business is based on! It will only take about 15 minutes, and it would be something that could bring you in what you need, even on a part time basis. You wouldn't have to worry about daycare cost or gas prices.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• How are you conducting your job search? Here are my top five tips for job hunting:

Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:54 PM on May. 16, 2011