Best Child Friendly Ideas in Public Places

Sounds so silly but we went to a restaurant this weekend that had a few little stools so kids could reach the sink. I didn't have to lift DS to wash his hands while risking getting his shirt wet and putting my back out. Just wondering what other little child friendly jestures you had seen at restaurants or shopping places that you have really appreciated as a mom?

hotelmom123

Asked by hotelmom123 at 9:44 AM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Our Walmart has a family restroom with a smaller toilet for young kids, and I really like that, since my 4 year old DS is on the small side. It also came in handy when we were doing potty training and I would be out at the store.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:14 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I love that in Chick-fli-A kids meals you get a placemat to stick to the table for them to eat on.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:00 AM on May. 16, 2011

• wow i've never noticed these things anywhere i have been!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:06 AM on May. 16, 2011

• IKEA is great, EVERYTHING is kid and family friendly, they have free diaper packs for those who forgot diapers, family restrooms, kids play area to leave the kids while you shop and its free. Kid meals at their cafeteria, breastfeeding area, its great! CHUCK E CHEESE don't even have kid friendly sinks and walmart does for goodness sake! drives me nuts!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:16 AM on May. 16, 2011

• That raises another good question. What places are supposed to be kid friendly but forget the kid friendly amenities such as restrooms? Chuck E Cheese rings a bell. I was also amazed how little was available to change a young child in the restrooms at Disney and how far apart the baby stations were.
    hotelmom123

Comment by hotelmom123 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on May. 16, 2011