how do i introduce a new baby to my 2 year old daughter?

im pregnant and the baby is due febuary 2009 and how do i introduce her to (him or her) i want her to see us (me and him or her)when we are in the hospital so how should i introduce them?

reewolf

Asked by reewolf at 12:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have 5 kids and always just had the kids come in after I had the baby and the baby was cleaned up. We then let them hold the baby if they were old enough or atleast touch the baby gentley and introduced them like that.

Answer by gemgem at 1:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My son was two years and three months old when my daughter was born. We made him a huge part of the pregnancy, shopping for clothes and nursery items, and decorating the nursery. We called her by her name as soon as we found out she was a girl and tried to make him realize there was going to be a baby soon. I know not all kids are the same, but my son did great with his baby sister! He was a lot of help as well as tolerant of her being so needy as a newborn. I think introducing them early in the pregnancy helped a lot! Like it was less of a shock to him. Good luck!
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 8:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i had my second son in october my first son turned 2 in september...the first time he seen the baby he came in the room at the hospital and got up on the bed with me. i was feedin the baby a bottle and i asked him would he like to feed his new little brother. he took the bottle and did it...he is now so in love with his baby brother and does everything for him...there is no jealousy at all (except for when it comes to grandparents)
    proudmama_2boys

Answer by proudmama_2boys at 7:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2008