Sorry last question just brought up another

how come is it, when your kid throws a fit in the middle of the store, you drag them out and punish them? but they see other kids doing the samething and get what they want. what do you tell them?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 10:01 AM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• i tell him it doesn't matter what happens with another child/parent. 'we' are only concerned with 'us'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:02 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Mine know what happens to other people/kids is of no consequence to them or us as a family. They are a part of our family and our rules. Those kids are their parents problem.

Answer by gemgem at 10:18 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I tell my daughter that I am raising her to be a lady and if someone else wants to allow their child to act nasty that is their concern not mine. fits don't get you anything because I am a mean Mom and want you to understand that I love you and I am your parent not your money tree, nanny and not a money tree. Earn it and you can have it!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:04 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm the momma my rules go I'm not their momma so i can't help what someone else does. it's even worse if you and your DH disagree!!!! but i stick with my rules and luckily my DH sticks with the rules we have set for our kids. consistencyis really the key here!!!! without it there is chaos!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 10:11 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have told them don't even think about it!! Our rule is you whine, you fuss you get NOTHING!! I don't really care what other parents do!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:03 AM on May. 16, 2011

• you tell ur child that just because he's throwing a fit to get what he wants don't mean you're going to get what you want I want you to work to earn what you want.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:03 AM on May. 16, 2011

• hmmm...... Well my son would say that kid is a brat anyway. and i would probally tell him that it wasn't the right thing to do and just because you do that i wouldn't let you have it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:04 AM on May. 16, 2011

• i would tell my kids if they ask instead of have a fit then they can get it too.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:05 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I haven't had to drag a screaming kid out of a grocery store since my oldest was a preschooler. My kids all know that throwing fits is just going to cause problems, not get them their own way. (As I knock on wood, because lord knows that they could give it a shot just for the heck of it to see if maybe it will work this time...) Usually they don't notice or react much when they see kids acting up or getting punished in public because like other moms, we try to mind our own business. If they do notice/ask about it, I just use it as a teachable moment to talk about why those behaviors or those punishments are or are not acceptable in our family.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree with dullscissors- I've said that exact thing to one of my girls before.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:16 AM on May. 16, 2011