Going to the bathroom all the time? adult content

it seems like I am in the bathroom every hour and it is getting annoying especially when I am out and doing thins. I am on medicine for over active bladder but it doesn't seem to be helping.

What would you do aside from talking to my doctor I have an appointment week after next(that is as early as I could get in to see him) to talk about this but what can be done in the meantime. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:03 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• I don't know if there is anything you can do besides limit your fluid intake.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:06 AM on May. 16, 2011

• do you drink a lot? water, cokes/tea/coffee... are you diabetic?
    i can't remember the med i took when i had that problem, but it worked pretty well for me. maybe you haven't taken it long enough. (enablex..or something like that?)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:07 AM on May. 16, 2011

• my co-worker had to get an opperation to correct hers. none of the meds helped her either. that was about ten years ago when she had hers done. maybe you can ask your doctor about it on your visit?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:28 AM on May. 16, 2011

• You could always wear a depends on the way down there and just change your self when it gets full, overactive bladders suck. Thats what happens when you have kids. I have the same prob, im always going pee. Like 5 times or more in an hour but i also drink A LOT of water in a day. Good luck
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 1:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am diabetic yes and I drink fluids like I should during the daytime but then limit what I drink a couple hours before going to bed. It just seems that the medicine isn't doing what it should. We are supposed to be going to my BIL's house next month and he lives in Florida and I don't want to be having to stop every hour to go
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I drink alot during the day also and I figured that was the cause of me having to go all the time but I have been on medicine since my youngest was born; I never had it this bad before; I have been on Enablex(Darifenacin); and Vesicare(solifenacin) and neither one did much to help me.

I have heard of these but have not tried any of them--Lasix; Flomax; fesoterodine(Toviaz); oxybutynin (Ditropan, Ditropan XL, a skin patch called Oxytrol, a topical gel called Gelnique, and generic); tolterodine (Detrol, Detrol LA); and trospium (Sanctura, Sanctura XR)
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on May. 17, 2011