Help with my grocery list!!

I totally goofed, and I have to go grocery shopping today, and haven't made my list yet....augh....I usually make it up in the days leading up to when I go shopping, but I've been so busy, and now I can't even think of what I even need or usually cook!! Lol.

Sooo. My question is, what are some of your favorite meals to cook or what are some staples you keep in the kitchen?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 12:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Hamburger helper is a good one, and a pound of ground beef or turkey in the freezer, and some canned vegetables and fruits, and you have a meal. Fresh greens for salads makes it more nutritious. I also store a variety of soups for quick and light meals. A couple cans of Dinty Moore hash. Eggs in the refrigerator. A loaf of bread. Crackers. Peanut butter. Some cheese. Margarine or butter. Milk, juice. These would be basics. Then yogurt. Chicken in the freezer. frozen vegetables. fresh fruit. cans of tuna and salmon. Rice, potatoes, noodles, other pasta.. Spaghetti sauce. Onion soup mix. Then quick bread mix. Cake mix. (condiments, cooking oil, cooking spray, catsup, mayo, mustard, relish) (flour, sugar, brown sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, vinegar, salad dressing)

Answer by Bmat at 1:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• tacos are always a hit in my family!
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 12:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Omelets for dinner, tacos, enchurritos, hamburger casserole, hot wings, salad, spaghetti & meatballs, texas toast, sandwiches, oatmeal, and cereal and chips are regulars in my home.

Answer by gemgem at 1:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Tacos, enchiladas, chili dogs or chili burgers, taco salads, spaghetti, mac & cheese, hamburger helper, chicken linguine, meatloaf ( i do a million different variations), chicken nuggets, and tuna melts are all pretty common here. I cook a lot of the same things over and over again, but that is what they ask for, over and over again.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• we like quick meals and use the crock pot a lot. Chili and veggie soup are great in there as well as stew. Throw in some frozen chicken breasts, spices and some water and you've got a great chicken broth ready for noodles or dumplings. English muffins w/ pizza sauce, mozz cheese work great under the broiler. Hot dogs and mac/cheese. I usually cook a big meal on Sunday and we have an early dinner and then wind down for the week to come.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 1:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2008