Do your kids eat in the car?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 10:19 AM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• sometimes, if its a necessary.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:20 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes and it drives me nuts! I can honestly say I am not sure who makes the bigger mess, the kids or SO in the car.. so gross I am forever cleaning it every monday after he has all weekend off and we do "family time"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:21 AM on May. 16, 2011

• In our older car, yes. The upholstry is already pretty ravaged. In our new SUV, no.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:21 AM on May. 16, 2011

• mine do and my family thinks the crumbs are discusting but I say hey its part of having kids.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 10:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yep they sure do.

Answer by gemgem at 10:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Only on rare occassions! I hate sticky and I hate crumbs!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• only on long trips. it not a rule, but there's not much reason. Unless its a long trip, the car ride from home to store/ moviie theater/ restraunt etc isn't far enough that he needs any sort of snack. He can take a bottle of water in there though.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:24 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Only if we're driving a long distance, I hate food crumbs and messes on the seats and crumbs have a way of getting in between the seats so if we're going to be driving during a time they usually have a snack or meal than I'll pack food to eat in the car but now that it's warmer out we'll either find a rest stop or pull over next to an open area and have a picnic for meals.

anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:26 AM on May. 16, 2011

• We never ate meals in the car except for road trips. Even then, it was rare. We looked forward to getting out of the car & sitting in a restaurant to eat. It really had nothing to do with the car. It had everything to do with stretching our legs, etc. A car is cleanable. I don't see the big deal. My granddaughter was hungry when I picked her up from school the other day. Her lunch period is at 11am. At 3pm, she's feeling a bit peckish. She had a package of cheese filled crackers. Of course I let her eat them. Home was a half hour away & her tummy was hurting. She saw the crumbs & apologized. I told her it wasn't a problem. When we got home, we hopped out of the car & brushed the crumbs out of the seat. No big deal. There are bigger problems in the world.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:31 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Nope. I am always afraid someone would choke.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:32 AM on May. 16, 2011