Another update on DD's Sexual abuse case... adult content

Hi Ladies! I figured since all of you were so supportive, I would give you a little update on where we are at.

Our home life is slowly returning to normal. I think that my husband and I have been doing the best we can to get through the days without having a breakdown. It's really hard doing things by the book, so to speak. I want nothing more than for this woman (my MIL) to rot in hell and be hurt the way she hurt us, but I know that the law will get her. It's hard though, she is saying horrible things about us and lying her a** off.

At first she consented to a polygraph, but the day before she cancelled it and has not made an attempt to reschedule it as of today. This raised a lot of red flags with the detective...she said if MIL was innocent, she would think there would be no problem taking a polygraph. IDK. It's all really confusing...but I have no doubt in my mind that we did the right thing by calling the authorities. It seems like we are just waiting to find out what will happen next. DD is doing ok, she is still having accidents and some bad dreams, but everyday is getting better.

Anyway...thank you for listening, and I appreciate all the support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was wondering how the polygraph test went...What does the detective say this will do for your case? I am SO proud of you for doing the right thing,,give your kiddo a hug from me today! Has MIL tried to contact you or your DH at all?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:28 AM on May. 16, 2011

• how is your dh handling the fact tha his mom abused his daughter? is he an only child? or do you think she's done this before?
    traren

Answer by traren at 10:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• The detective said she is going to talk to MIL to see if she plans on taking the polygraph or not...depending on what she says, we will then find out where to go from here. MIL has not tried to contact us, but she is saying that we are crazy...unfit parents...blah blah. Which is a huge crock. I know you guys don't know who I am bc this is anon. but I know I am a good mother. And now...all of a sudden after DD told us this, she thinks we are unfit. The detective said that she is just trying to intimidate us bc she thinks for some reason we get to decide if they press charges. Which we have absolutely NO control over!!!

She is just screaming guilty!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Sorry you are having such a rough time. Thinking of you and hope that it all turns out the best it can.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 10:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

• @traen

DH is doing okay, I suppose. He started therapy last week...but he does not really want to talk about his mother with me at all. I understand...he is basically grieving the loss of his mother on top of what happened to DD, so we are in very different spots. He has had memories of stuff that happened to him, so that;s why he is going to therapy. There is a lot that needs to be sorted out in his head! We are sticking together though...I think that is what is most important right now!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on May. 16, 2011

• So sorry you are going through all this. It is rough to say the least. We are four years past our's and we still have issues. The person who did it is in jail. Please make sure your dd remains in counseling. Be vigiliant for any changes. At eight my dd still has a lot of problems and questions about what happened. She still blames herself.

After all this happened with us we had kidnapping threats from another family member, CPS called by the same family member, and threats on all of our lives. The person who did this to us was 14 at the time. Please feel free to contact me if you need support. It is a tough road but you can get through it. Keep communication open. Let your dd talk. But don't force her just yet.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:37 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I am so sorry that you have to go through all that. It is so important that you stick together and you being as supportave to your husband as it seems you have been is only going to do good for all of you.
    lmv1970

Answer by lmv1970 at 10:40 AM on May. 16, 2011

• People who get caught doing this try to put the finger on the victim. My father was an abusive monster and when the police would show up he would turn on that old scholl charm and say stuff like she is crazy out of her mind even when you could see the bruises I ended up looking lik a nut job. I hope she gets what is coming to her and your family gets some honest justice.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• sorry old school
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:53 PM on May. 16, 2011