Should I take my son to the hospital?

My son ate diaper rash cream.I'm not sure how much he ate,but I know that it wasn't that much. Should I take him to the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would call the poison control center and go from there. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Call poison control. You could also call your pediatrician's emergency number.

Answer by Bmat at 1:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If you refuse to deal with dumb mothers then why did you bother posting? I don't think this is a dumb thing to ask..Especially if the kid seems to have nothing wrong with him even though he ate that stuff.
    Anonymous

• My son did it once too. He was fine, but we did call poison control and also the pediatric helpline. See what poison control tells you. I was told to watch him for any changes but that nothing needed to be done considering our circumstances.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The majority of diaper rash creams have zinc oxide as an active ingredient. This can make a child very ill, probably not immediately.

If you look at the container it will tell you to seek emergency help immediately or contact poison control.

(I am a nurse and know a little bit of something about zinc oxide)
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Aww poor guy, read what the back of the dipper cream says I would think that it would say something about if accidentally ingested do this, or call PC. My son ate a miracle grow stick once... Talk about freak out! Turns out he would be just fine. He's pretty big for is age now too... LOL
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Aww my son ate it, and we called poison control and they said he would be ok. But you should still call it and ask anyway.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• call poison control
    LisaAnnPonce

Answer by LisaAnnPonce at 2:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008