Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

OMG! My knee!

Wondering if any of you would get this checked out. You will probably say yes but here i am a nurse who is petrified they will say i need surgery lol. Anyway my left knee has this constant dull throbbing pain which is by no means unbearable really more annoying. When i am sitting the only comfortable position for my knee is with my left foot turned out to the left (if that makes any sense) and when im lying down its only comfortable when im on my back with my leg sort of "frogged out" anyway i spoke to the physical therapist from my old work and he said i need to stop positioning like that or it will cause the ligaments and what not on that side to shorten. Anyone ever have anything like this? Did u need surgery or any kind of intervention?


Asked by Genice6 at 10:31 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

Level 14 (1,450 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I have had total knee replacement on right knee and shattered my patella on the left side when I was 18. Knee surgery can be painful but afterwards its worth not having any pain. You sound like it could be a ligament or arthritis. Could be both. Does your knee grind when you bend and unbend it? If so that's arthritis. Get that knee checked out. Most ortho's don't like to cut unless its necessary. Could just take a nsaid and see if that helps. Also...cortisone shots are wonderful.

    Answer by DDWay at 12:07 AM on May. 17, 2011

  • I was supposed to have surgery YEARS ago, but I didn't go through with it because I've always heard horrible things about knee surgeries... I was 16 at the time, and I didn't want to go through with it... Well, here I am <15 years later, and the cartilage is gone in my knee. I don't know if the surgery would've prevented this, but I've suffered with my knee since I injured it... It locks, hurts, grinds and pops... It's horrible! Please seriously consider surgery if that's something they want to do... But definitely go to the doctor and see what's going on. Good luck!

    Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:45 AM on May. 16, 2011