Depo ques.

Has anyone gotten pregnant after they came off of the depo shot? If so how long did it take? Do you have to wait for your periods to be regular again? I want my last shot to be in Oct. but im not getting any younger and scared it will take to long to get out of my system.

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:40 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to your doc. In order to help you come off of it, they can put you on the pill for 3 months and that'll help regulate your cycles again. I came off Depo one year ago. I've been trying since Feb. Had a m/c and am POSSIBLY pregnant now.
    GothicChk52

Answer by GothicChk52 at 1:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Same here I got off the depo show about nine months ago and we've been ttc since then we've got lucky one but had a miscarriage a few days after we found out. So i think it does take time to come out of your system fully but you dr would know better.
    jparsell

Answer by jparsell at 4:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i did, i had my son 10/22/09 had the depo shot the day after i had him, and stoped it after 2 uses, and got pregnant in september 2010. so it took a while but i think it because that shot made me gain massive weight, hate it
    lilmamacita92

Answer by lilmamacita92 at 11:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Gothicchk good luck with your "possible" pregnancy, everyone else thanks for the responses, lilmama i gained crazy weight too and they never told me that would be a side effect! I been freaking out wondering why i am porking out! I gained more weight on depo then i did with both my pregnancies combined actually times 2! I'm nervous because I am 37 and will be 38 in January I didnt want to have children too old but really wanted to try one last time for a girl since i have 2 boys already. I didnt want to start trying til after we go to disney because i missed riding the roller coasters last time due to pregnancy..lol Maybe i will not take my oct shot to better my odds? I have the rest of my life to ride roller coasters but my time for babies is ending..lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 10:12 AM on May. 18, 2011