Having a "bad mommy" day.

Do you ever have days when you want to escape for a bit? What do you do? I just got over a bad stomach virus, now my 9 month old is sick with a fever and on me 24/7. My 2 year old is also very needy right now. I'm trying to entertain her with the tv, which makes me feel like a bad/lazy mom today. Oh and I'm in my first trimester of pregnancy with number 3.
Okay, don't get me wrong here, I know how very blessed I am. And I thank God for these kids every day. But right now, I kind of just want a tiny break!
What do you do when you feel this way????

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 10:40 AM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• when you put the others to bed tonight take some "me" time sit down read a book watch TV or just go to bed early you prob. just need some rest!!!!! it will do you a world of good you could also put them down for a nap and take one your self!!!!! I recommend SLEEP!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 10:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I allow myself lazy mom days. children are amazing... and exhausting. If I feel like crap the TV is on a lot more, and the baby (who is also 9 months) hangs out on the floor. With the baby being sick and needing you, maybe wait until nap time, put a baby gate up and take a nap with the baby whether your older child is sleeping or not.

I hope you feel better soon!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I think just about every mom has days like that especially with kids close in age (mine are 6,5, and 3 with another one due next month) so I know how you feel. Does your 2 year old take naps? If both of your kids nap try getting them to sleep at the same time and while they're doing that try do something relaxing yourself, read a book or listen to music. If their dad is home ask him to take over for a bit, if not do you have any friends or relatives close by that could come over and give you a break?
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:55 AM on May. 16, 2011