Would this make you mad?

last night my husband says to me "what is for f******* dinner and I responded back to him "I don't f****** know" and he then proceeded to call me lazy and all he ever does when he is home is lay on his a$$ on the couch or in bed.

Even on the weekends he never wants to do anything and then has the balls to call me lazy. How would you react to this? This isn't the first time he has said something hurtful and hateful to me in front of the boys.

I know he works all week and everything but I do things around the house and everything also; just because I didn't know what was going to be for dinner he went off on me. No bashing or negativity please.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:42 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• This is what i would have said

"I was just contemplating dinner, but since I'm so lazy, i decided you can make your own F------ dinner tonight"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Neither one of you should talk to each other that way, it's disrespectful and hurtful! You need to sit down and have a conversation with him alone, let him know how you feel, and let him talk about his own grievances as well. You need to talk like adults, no cursing or insults! Good luck...
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:43 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes if my husband ever spoke to me like that I would be very angry. But really shame on both of you for speaking to eachother like that in front of your children.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:55 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Calling you lazy is not good.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't cook him nothing after that..I would cook for me and the kids and screw him.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:45 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Well my husband knows if he ever talked to me that way he would be pooping out his teeth the next day because I would have kicked them down his throat. You need to both stop talking to each other like that! And in front of the kids? Remember the way you act with each other is what the kids are learning a relationship is like.

Answer by gemgem at 10:45 AM on May. 16, 2011

• well the next time he asks just simply say im not sure what you are having but me and the kids are going to .......resturant what are your plans? That way you cannot be considered lazy but you are simply not providing dinner for him..I tried it and it worked with my dh except mine actually cooked and told me he was sorry for being rude..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 16, 2011

• he talks like that all the time and usually I am one to say something about this and not talk that way but he had made me mad about an earlier comment to our son and I know I shouldn't have sworn but I was mad and just said the first thing that came to me. He is always swearing no matter where we are and throwing hissy fits when we are in public and I say or do something that doesn't agree with him
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I'd leave him to it.. don't cook, take the kids somewhere and let him rot in his own idiocy.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:10 AM on May. 16, 2011

• He was an ass to you. I would have said something similar back to him if it were me, but probably more like "Whatever it f****** is you can make it your f****** self."
    Anonymous