Fast food

We have never been a fast food family. We have always cooked good nuitritious dinners. We take turns cooking. Lately on my dh's night to cook he has been bringing home Chicken Nuggest from Micky D's. Now up until my dd was 4 she had never even been to a Micky D's or Burger King or any of those places. After that is was only on very rare occasions that she got that kind of stuff. Now he is bringing it home like twice a week.

I said something and he suddenly doesn't see the big deal. The whole thing was his idea to begin with. I see it as pure laziness as it gets him out of cooking. But I don't want my dd eating this crap all the time.

any ideas? besides just cooking myself all the time. We both work full time and I am attending school as well.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 10:51 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think he is being kinda lazy as well. On my "lazy" days, I cook a meal in the crock pot. Maybe you can buy him one and he will get the hint. Or if you guys already have one then set out some crock pot recipes and see if he gets it then.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:53 AM on May. 16, 2011

• we only eat out if we are super busy and far from home.. so like once a week on firday when we pick him up from work or sunday when we go get the truck.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:54 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have had my own lazy days. but that at least consists of sandwichs, fruit, chips, and a drink....sometimes veggies too. Or we will have breakfast for dinner and have cereal with milk and fruit.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Rent "Super Size Me" and watch it with your husband. I watched it with my 6 and 9-year-olds and neither one of them ever wants to set foot in a McDonald's again!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:38 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Sadly right now we eat alot of fast-food... I have a 4yo. Let me tell you when ur kids have fast-food they get use to the taste & pretty much just want it.
    Ive gotten to the point I HATE COOKING! because anything i cook DD doesnt want to eat it! Everything is yucky for some reason. And she ends up eating cereal before bed.
    We live at my moms right now. But DD will have another thing coming when we move out. Cuz once we are on our own we wont be able to afford fast food & will only be eating healthy food. So she will starve or learn to eat :( cuz there wont be unhealthy choices in our home!
    Anonymous

• Get a crock pot if you don't have one - and use it liberally! You can do SO many things, even desserts - I have a couple, different sizes, and I don't know what I'd do without any of them (and I want another!).
    Anonymous

• We have a crock pot. He is actually a very good cook. It is just lately he has gotten lazy.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Lazy DH! When I wanna be lazy or just am pressed for time, I do a crockpot meal.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:11 PM on May. 17, 2011