have any of u taken wilbutrin XL?

I was on lexapro for anxiety for 4 yrs . I did great on it. Doc put me on wilbutrin XL now. I have been on it for a month. I do not like it. It is for depression not anxiety. I dont have depression. It makes me tired all day long and just a weird feeling. Have any of yall taken this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Health

• yep i took it for a year or so for depression and hated it a well! it just made me more depressed which is a possible side effect. so my doc switched me to lexapro and i loved it!! i could tell a huge difference in only 2 weeks! funny how we have the same story just in a different order!
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 2:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• If you arent doing well with the medication that your doctor prescribed for you, then dont hesitate to call the doctors office and ask if you can be switched to something else and let them know why. Medications are developed for a general group of people not an individual. They dont work the same way for everyone.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I started taking it but I had an allergic reaction to it. I wasn't taking it for depression either but I did feel more irritable toward my children when I was taking it. I've since stopped. Call your doctor so that he can prescribe something different.
    6nena9

Answer by 6nena9 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I tried wellbutrin. I ended up with dizzy spells(a lot) and I started having panic attacks. I stopped taking it and the panic attacks ended. I took it for depression. I remember reading it was bad for people with anxiety
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2008