Adderall?

My sister's doctor prescribed her Adderall for weight loss. While i've never heard of it being prescribed for that purpose, she says it works great, loss of appetite, increased energy. Does anyone here have any experience with Adderall and does it have any bad side effects?

siera_lyn

Asked by siera_lyn at 11:13 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• i lost 30lbs on that stuff in like 2-3 months.. i am actually shocked that the doc gave it to her for that reason... around here doctors have a very hard time giving that out because of the college students.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Well she is kinda in the middle of nowhere, foothills of the Appalachians lol. There's not too many college students. She's about 250 right now, so I think she's desperate, but I would think there would be some risks with that.
    siera_lyn

Comment by siera_lyn (original poster) at 11:24 AM on May. 16, 2011

• It's called "off-labeling" ... when a drug meant for one purpose is prescribed for another use since one or many of the side effects (in this case, loss of appetite and subsequent weight loss) may "treat" another issue. I know people who have done speed and/or cocaine for the same reason. I see Adderall and other drugs like it no different in that way. I think your sis needs to learn that a pill may offer a quick fix but it will come with other problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Side effect? Yip weight loss! But, a very unhealthy way of doing it. You sister will just not eat.....at all. She will experience headaches, dizziness and all that comes with no nutrition. As soon as she stops taking it, it will be business as usual. She will gain that weight, then some! Good luck to her
    haysmum

Answer by haysmum at 11:29 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I think I was on that once for itching? not sure but didn't experience lose of appetitie
    StressedOut107

Answer by StressedOut107 at 6:49 PM on May. 16, 2011