Do you give your teen To do lists? My 14 yr old did not want to go to his young marines campout drill this weekend. So I gave him lots of chores a to do list and he responded FINE.

we left for and 1 1/2 and its all done. He did the dishes, cleaned to dog poop and raked the leaves, cleaned his room, did laundry , took out the trash and pulled the rose bush. I'm shocked how fast he's done. My jaw droped. Has this happened to you??

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 1:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have teenagers but I do remember that when my mom gave me a reasonable list of things to do, I would do them much more willingly than if she verbally told me.

On paper I knew when I was done, when she told me it felt as if she was making things up to do as I went along with the chores.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have two teenage boys that get list of things to do...i cant saw they are always good with it but for the most part I to am surprised at how quick and little time it takes them to get it done....Just proves they are able to get things done when asked.
    Anonymous