Im 34 weeks pregnant and I need advice..

I have been getting cramping in my lower area that feels exactly like period cramps. I also used to have ovarian cysts, and since last night I have been getting pains in my right ovary area that feels just like it did when I had my cysts.
I have already been to the hospital for contractions and had to get the shot to stop them, so I know Im not having contractions because I know what they feel like. Im just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this and/or know what these pains are from. Thanks fellow Mommas :]

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 11:24 AM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Did they give you steroid shots as well? I had my daughter at 34wks and those kept her out of the NICU. As far as the cramping, is there a pattern to them or just random? Even if it feels different than last time, it could potentially be labor. I have had 5 kids and it doesn't always feel the same or affect the same part of your tummy... sometimes front, some times in your back... sometimes low... if there is a pattern I would call the dr.
    daisypetals2000

Answer by daisypetals2000 at 11:30 AM on May. 16, 2011

• There isnt a pattern really I dont think, but Ill pay more attention. Thanks
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 11:35 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't know what the pain is caused from but I had it on my left side all the time. I would tell my OB everytime I went and no one seemed concerned. I had no problems with delivery, so I guess the nonchalant demeanor of my OB means it was normal enough in many women to not be concerned.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 11:39 AM on May. 16, 2011

• I have 3 kids and the labor pains were different with all of them. Sometimes it just depends on where the baby is and what the baby is pushing on at the time. When I had my oldest son I had a back labor, he was sitting right on my sciatic nerve and with the other two it was totally different.

lmv1970

Answer by lmv1970 at 11:46 AM on May. 16, 2011